Whether in a Tent or RV You’ll Find Great Family Fun & Outdoor Recreation at the Palace Campgrounds!
Founded in 1848, the Palace Campgrounds is the oldest campground in the state of Illinois. Situated on 50 quiet, wooded acres only two miles from historic downtown Galena we accommodate all types of tents and campers.
We’re open April 1st to November 1st and boast the following amenities:
- Sites Equipped With Water and/or Electric, and Water, Electric & Sewer Combinations. Bring a tent, camper or RV
- Seven rustic cabins, with two double or one queen bed, air conditioning and electricity
- Three Bath Buildings Complete With 16 Hot Showers, Potable Water and Soda Machines
- A Heated Swimming Pool and Baby Pool, Available During Summer Season
- A Playground with a Slide, Swings, Clubhouse and Basketball Court
- Outdoor Movies On Saturday Nights Memorial Day – Labor Day
- Hayrides On Saturday Nights Memorial Day-Labor Day
- Li’L General Championship Miniature Golf
- Office with Soda & Snacks
- An Arcade Building with Food & Games
- Free WiFi Available
- Laundry Facilities
Have fun and relax camping in a tent, camper or RV
at the Palace Campground. Call us for more
information and reservations!
We are now accepting Debit/Credit cards.
We accept Discover, Visa, and MasterCard.
PLEASE NOTE: As of 1/1/11 we will be charging a $5.00 cancellation fee for all returned deposits and check-in is changing to 1 PM.