Not Tent Material? Stay In One of the 8 Rustic Cabins at the Palace Campgrounds!
What great history we have with the Palace Campgrounds Cabins! Back in the day…”Big Band” members from such notable groups as Lawrence Welk, Glen Miller, Tiny Hall and The Dorsey Brothers stayed in the cabins while performing at the Royal Palais Dance Hall in Galena.
Now located on 50 country acres only 2 miles from historic downtown Galena, we’re open April 1st to November 1st and the eight rustic cabins are joined by scenic camping areas, mini golf, a game arcade, and outdoor swimming pool, plus Saturday night outdoor movies. A public golf course, grocery store, fast-food restaurants, Wal-Mart and gas stations are within 1/2 mile from your campsite!
Each cabin has air conditioning and electricity, and all are located near the showers. Each one sleeps five, with a queen bed and a bunk bed consisting of a double bed with a twin bed above. Cabins have a light, but do not have any linens. A 2 night minimum stay is required on Friday or Saturday nights and a 3 night minimum stay on holiday weekends.
|Cabin-Friday or Saturday Night (2 Night Minimum) (Holiday Weekends 3 Night Minimum)
- We no longer allow firewood to be brought into the campground
due to the Emerald Ash Borer
- Must be 21 years old or with a parent to stay at the Palace Campground
- We do not accept reservations for tent camping
- Campground season is April 1 to November 1
- Two night minimum required on Weekends Only from Memorial Day
through Labor Day annually.
- Cash, check and credit cards accepted
- There is a 10-day cancellation notice for refund
- All rates are per night, based on 4-person maximum
- After making a reservation the first night’s stay is due within 5 business days. If not received the reservation will be automatically cancelled.
- Holidays require a 3-night minimum, with a deposit of the first night’s stay
- Check-In is 2:00 pm and Check-Out is 11:00 am.
- Early check-ins will be charged one half day’s rent
- As of 1/1/11 we will be charging a $5.00 cancellation fee for all returned deposits.
- We now charge a $10 per night pet fee for campers who will have pets in the cabins (does not apply to camper or tent sites).
- Speed Limit is 5mph and is strictly enforced!
- No Fireworks Allowed On Premises Anytime
- Pool Hours are 10am-9pm daily during season
- Outdoor Movies are Saturdays at dusk, Memorial Day thru Labor Day
- Hayrides are at 6pm, Saturdays & Holidays, Memorial Day thru Labor Day
- No motorized vehicles (such as mopeds, scooters, etc.)
- No bicycle riding after dark
- Pets must be on a leash and you must pick up after them
- Please do not leave pets on site unattended
- Children Must Return To Their Site By 11pm
- Visitor fee of $2 per person per night
- Visitors Must Be Out By 11pm
- Quiet Time Begins At 11pm