Not Tent Material?
Stay In One of our 8 Rustic Cabins!
What a great history to go along the cabins dating back to 1929. Palace Campground Cabins! Back in the day…”Big Band” members from such notable groups as Lawrence Welk, Glen Miller, Tiny Hall and The Dorsey Brothers stayed in the cabins while performing at the Royal Palais Dance Hall in Galena, IL.
The Cabins are now located on 30 country acres only 2 miles from historic downtown Galena. Seven of the 8 cabins sleep five, with one cabin sleeping three.
Each cabin has air conditioning and electricity, cabins are located near the showers. The cabins do not have heat (a small space heater is allowed). Each cabin sleeping five, has a queen bed and a bunk bed consisting of a double bed with a twin bed combination. The cabin sleeping three has a Queen bed with a twin Trundle bed underneath. Guests must provide their own linens.
Each cabin has a fire pit and picnic table.
A non-refundable deposit is due at the time of booking a cabin. Deposit amount is payment in full.
A 2-night minimum stay is required on weekends between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
A 3-night minimum stay is required on all holiday weekends. This includes Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Columbus Day, as well as the weekend of Galena’s Halloween Parade, payment in full due at booking for this special event and includes all sites, cabins, and tents.
Day of the Week
Price (not including tax)
|Sunday – Thursday:||$65.00|
|Friday and Saturday: *||$75.00|
- Guests must be 21 years old or with a parent to stay at the Palace Campground.
- We do not accept reservations for tent camping.
- Camping season runs April 1 to October 31st.
- Swimming pool is open Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- Cash, check credit cards, online pay through invoice is accepted
- There is a 14-day cancellation notice for refund, with a $10 cancellation fee.
- All rates are based on 4-person maximum, over the age of 5.
- An additional fee of $2 per person over the maximum allowed.
- After making a reservation via email, the first night stay is due within 48 hours. If deposit is not received within the time frame the reservation will be cancelled.
- Check-In is 2:00 pm and Check-Out is 11:00 am.
- Early check-ins will be charged $10.
- Speed Limit is 5mph throughout the campground.
- All firewood must be purchased at the Palace Campground due to the Emeral Ash Borrer.
- No motorized vehicles (such as mopeds, scooters, etc.). Unless a handicap sticker is provided.
- No bicycles after dark.
- Pets must be on a short leash and kept by owners’ side when walking through the campground.
- Guests must pick up after their pets.
- Please do not leave pets unattended in your R.V., Cabin, or Tent everywhere with in the park.
- Visitor fee of $5 per p,
erson per day. Children Must Return To Their Site By 11pm
- All Visitors Must Leave By 11pm.
- Quiet Time Begins At 11pm. All radios must be turned down and quiet voices must be used. Please respect your neighbors.
- All outdoor events are dependent on the weather and can be postponed or cancel with no notice.