Not Tent Material?
Stay In One of our 8 Rustic Cabins!
What great history we have with the Palace Campground Cabins! Back in the day…”Big Band” members from such notable groups as Lawrence Welk, Glen Miller, Tiny Hall and The Dorsey Brothers stayed in the cabins while performing at the Royal Palais Dance Hall in Galena.
Now located on 30 country acres only 2 miles from historic downtown Galena, we’re open April 1st through October 31st. Our eight rustic cabins are joined by scenic camping areas, mini golf, a game arcade, an outdoor swimming pool. Hayrides in the evening on Saturdays and an Outdoor Movie on Saturday Night!
A public golf course, grocery store, fast-food restaurants, Wal-Mart and gas stations are within one half mile from your campsite!
Each cabin has air conditioning and electricity, and all are located near the showers. Each one sleeps five, with a queen bed and a bunk bed consisting of a double bed with a twin bed combination. Cabins have electric, and Air Conditioning. Guests must provide linens.
A 2 night minimum stay is required on weekends between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
A 3 night minimum stay on is required on all holiday weekends.
Payment in full is due as a deposit at time of booking.
Day of the Week
Price (not including tax)
|Sunday – Thursday:||$65.00|
|Friday and Saturday: *||$70.00|
* – Reservations over the weekend require a 2 night minimum. Holiday weekends require a 3 night minimum.
- Firewood is not allowed to be brought into the campground due to the Emerald Ash Borrer Bug.
- Guests must be 21 years old or with a parent to stay at the Palace Campground.
- We do not accept reservations for tent camping.
- Campground season is April 1 to October 31st.
- Two night minimum required on Weekends Only from Memorial Day
through Labor Day annually. First night deposit for R.V sites due at booking.
- Cash, check and credit cards accepted
- There is a 14-day cancellation notice for refund, with a $10 cancellation fee.
- All rates are based on 4-person maximum, over the age of 5.
- An additional fee of $2 per person over the maximum allowed.
- After making a reservation via email, the first night stay is due within 48 hours. If not received within the time frame the reservation will be automatically cancelled.
- Holidays require a 3-night minimum, with a deposit of the first night’s stay on R.V. sites and payment in full for Cabins.
- Check-In is 2:00 pm and Check-Out is 11:00 am.
- Early check-ins will be charged $10.
- Palace Campground will charge a $10 per night pet fee for guests bringing pets in a cabin. This does not apply to R.V. or Tent Sites.
- Speed Limit is 5mph.
- No Fireworks Allowed On Premises Anytime.
- Pool Hours are 10am-9pm daily between Memorial Weekend and Labor Day Weekend.
- Outdoor Movies are Saturdays at dusk, Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day Weekend.
- Hayrides are at 6pm, Saturdays, also on the Sunday of a Holiday Weekend, Memorial Day thru Labor Day.
- No motorized vehicles (such as mopeds, scooters, etc.). Unless a handicap sticker is provided.
- No bicycles after dark.
- Pets must be on a short leash and kept by your side when walking in the park.
- Guests must pick up after their pets.
- Please do not leave pets unattended in the park.
- Children Must Return To Their Site By 11pm
- Visitor fee of $2 per person per day.
- Visitors Must Be Out By 11pm.
- Quiet Time Begins At 11pm. All radios must be turned down and use quiet voices. Please respect your neighbors.