We Offer an Array of Camping Options for Your Comfort and Convenience at the Palace Campgrounds!
Located on 50 country acres only 2 miles from historic downtown Galena, we’re open April 1st to November 1st and have many scenic camping areas to choose from. In addition there are mini golf, games, swimming, movies and food on-site. A public golf course, grocery store, fast-food restaurants, and gas stations are within 1/2 mile from your campsite!
Our campground offers:
- Over 100 sites to accommodate all types of campers, with some having water, electric and/or sewer
- Eight different scenic areas to pitch a tent, with some having electric
- Picnic tables can be found throughout our property for your enjoyment
Click Images To Enlarge
|Camper – Sewer/Water/Electric||
|Camper – Water/Electric||
|Camper or Tent – Electric||
|Tent – No Hookup||
Grant Pilgrimage $6 per person per night
- We no longer allow firewood to be brought into the campground
due to the Emerald Ash Borer
- Must be 21 years old or with a parent to stay at the Palace Campground
- We do not accept reservations for tent camping
- Campground season is April 1 to November 1
- Two night minimum required on Weekends Only from Memorial Day
through Labor Day annually.
- Cash, check and credit cards accepted
- There is a 10-day cancellation notice for refund
- All rates are per night, based on 4-person maximum
- After making a reservation the first night’s stay is due within 5 business days. If not received the reservation will be automatically cancelled.
- Holidays require a 3-night minimum, with a deposit of the first night’s stay
- Check-In is 1pm and Check-Out is 12pm. Early check-ins will be charged one half day’s rent
- As of 1/1/11 we will be charging a $5.00 cancellation fee for all returned deposits.
- Speed Limit is 5mph and is strictly enforced!
- No Fireworks Allowed On Premises Anytime
- Pool Hours are 10am-9pm daily during season
- Outdoor Movies are Saturdays at dusk, Memorial Day thru Labor Day
- Hayrides are at 6pm, Saturdays & Holidays, Memorial Day thru Labor Day
- No motorized vehicles (such as mopeds, scooters, etc.)
- No bicycle riding after dark
- Pets must be on a leash and you must pick up after them
- Please do not leave pets on site unattended
- Children Must Return To Their Site By 11pm
- Visitor fee of $2 per person per night
- Visitors Must Be Out By 11pm
- Quiet Time Begins At 11pm